Thursday, May 1, 2008

Here's Lysh ...

My brother jokes around saying I’m one of the most ambitious people he knows. Taking into consideration that my brother doesn’t really associate with that many people, leaves me skeptical of his comment, except when he follows it up with “it is exhausting to talk to you.”

My husband just laughs and says I’m obsessed!

I admit it. I am obsessed. Obsessed with writing.

For the most part, I’ve always been on the writing path. I have the degree in mass communications with an emphasis in print journalism. I went on to do the weekly newspaper and magazine thing holding positions of reporter, editor, and managing editor.

That was all cool, but I still hadn’t found that elusive job that spoke to my inner writing child. Then, as if a coconut hit me on the head, freelance writing presented itself and suddenly I had all the ambition in the world.

And, now that I am in my mid-30s, I have the confidence in myself and the drive to say “Yes, I can do this!” So I am.

If you need writing services, feel free to visit my website at www.alysiashivers.com or email me at alysia.shivers@gmail.com and let me know how I can help you.

No comments: