Thursday, May 22, 2008

Next stop: Panama!

If all of my rambling in my last post left you wondering just what in the world I was going on about, let me clarify for you.

Lately my husband and I have been considering a move. Not just any move, but a complete relocation of body and soul. There’s been a lot of press lately about Panama, specifically U.S. retirees choosing it as a retirement destination.

Granted, we are nowhere near retirement age. In fact, we have at least another 35 years left before we hit that golden time of life. But we’re thinking, why should retirees have all the fun?

So, we’ve done some preliminary research on Panama and we are in the process of planning a trip there this summer.

Of course when I’m asked if we have any summer vacation plans and I respond with Panama, I’m met with looks of confusion followed by the inevitable question “Why Panama?!”

From some, it is almost a look of distaste. I like to believe that so little is known about the country that this question stems from ignorance. Being a fan of the FOX hit TV show “Prison Break,” I know that Panama is not always portrayed in a positive light. But that’s no reason not to visit.

Americans are moving there, older Americans no less, so there must be some redeeming qualities about the country. Panama here we come!

No comments: