Friday, July 11, 2008

Florida Keys part 3 - By Scott Kelsey



I am exploring the wonders of Central America, Scott Kelsey of Dining on the Bay will be sharing his adventures with you from his recent trip to the Florida Keys. Enjoy!

The whole time we were in the Key I was plotting the biggest surprise in my Girlfriends life. On our last night on the Island I asked my mother if she would watch David (my girlfriends son) while me and Linsey went out by ourselves.

First we headed to Islamorada (about a 30 minute drive) to go and eat dinner at the Wahoo's. I must say that was one of the best plates of fried grouper that I have ever ate. After dinner and a sunset we decided to head back to our favorite place on Marathon "The Island Tiki Bar & Restaurant".

When we found the tiki bar last year we absolutely fell in love with it. The whole year following our trip we would always talk about "our tiki bar". Now we were back and it was the same ole' place as it had been in the past. Only this year I had a plan!

After everyone started leaving the dining area's around the marina Linsey and I made our way to one of the table. Soon we were the only people in the whole dining area, which made it all the better. We started talking about our normal non-sense stuff when I stopped her to tell her that I loved her. Linsey being Linsey tells me that it is not true and keeps on telling her story. So I stop her again and say "what do I have to do to prove to you that I love you" so she points at her finger and says "put a ring on my hand". Without hesitation I reached in my packet and pulled out the most beautiful diamond ring that I have ever seen and ask her to marry me. She looked up at me with these big alligator tears and says "Am I dreaming".

I must say it couldn't have been any better timing then that. We are now planning a May wedding. Let the fun begin!

No comments: