Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Guest Blog Post ... A First for Me

Welcome to my adventures in networking. As your typical introverted freelance writer (yes, sad but true, I am generalizing) who prefers to remain safely behind my computer screen, socializing on any level is a struggle! Here's what I am doing to change that.

Good things DO happen when you put yourself out there!

A few weeks ago I met Lauren Candito, president of Social Media Solutions in Orlando, and was immediately drawn to her cause, which is to help companies successfully market themselves through various social media networks. I expressed to her my interest in working with her and we've been communicating ever since.

Earlier this week, I received an email from Lauren complimenting me on a recent business column I wrote about Realtors joining the social media realm. She asked if she could use the piece as a guest post on her blog.

This is a first for me and I wanted to share it with you. Here's my guest post: http://socialmediasolutions.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/realtors-encouraged-to-join-the-social-networking-conversation/

If I had not let Lauren know about my interest in her business efforts this opportunity would never have come to be. But because I took a chance, I now have a guest blog post to show for it. How cool is that!

No comments: