Monday, June 16, 2008

The planner in me goes bye-bye

The other night my husband and I were sitting around discussing our Panama trip and I casually threw out there that I don’t really want to plan every waking moment of our trip.

I went on to explain that I just want to drive along the Interamericana Highway (I’ve read and seen photos, so yes, I think it is OK to refer to it as a highway) and stop off wherever we choose to lay our weary, sight-filled heads for the night. I’m not even opposed to the idea of dorm-room-esque hostels.

Fortunately for us, we have not seen the movie “Hostel” so I’m OK with staying at one or many, whatever the case may be. Plus they are cheap, and I’m all about not spending lots of money.

My husband just stared at me with this glazed look. Thinking he wasn’t comprehending, I tried to continue my diatribe, but he stopped me with “But you like to plan everything?!”

I asked him if this was a problem and he immediately answered no. He just couldn’t believe it. My thinking is, this will be a trip like none other and I want it to be fun and exciting and undefined! Thankfully he’s on board.

We’ll see how long I last.

No comments: