Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So I planned a little

I couldn’t help it! The old me tackled the new me and made some hotel reservations.

But just some. The whole trip is not completely planned out, so I feel OK about letting the old me have some say.

Basically we will be traveling out of Panama City on a Sunday morning, which Jessica my Panamanian resource said would be best since most city dwellers head out to the beaches for the weekend and all clamor back into the city on Sunday. So we’ll be heading in the opposite direction of the mob, which is fine by me.

Depending on how long we choose to drive and what sights we see, it’s anyone’s guess at this point where will stay Sunday night. That night is for the new me.

Come Monday we hope to be in David, which is 6 or 7 hours away from Panama City. I have an email out to Hotel Alcala to see if they have a room available that night. I’ve heard and read that it is cheap and clean. I love that combination!

Tuesday and Wednesday we hope to be up in Boquete, which is about 45 minutes away from David. On Tuesday we will be staying at Pension Topas for $32 including tax. Too cool!

And on Wednesday in Boquete we decided to splurge and stay at Villa Marita for $66.

Thursday we start heading back across the Interamericana. We’ll stay someplace along the road that night and be back in the city on Friday. We fly out early Saturday morning.

A little bit of a plan, but not too much. My Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde compromised.

No comments: